An opportunity to join the Aquaterra Energy team. This position is based in our Head Office in Norwich, Norfolk, UK but will require overseas travel from time to time.
We are currently recruiting for Senior Project Engineer, salary £47k - £50k depending on experience, plus benefits. You must have the right to work in the UK.
KEY EXPEREINCE REQUIRED
- Drilling / Subsea experience in the oil and gas industry is essential.
- Delivery of engineering projects with a value that would range for £10k up to £1m from a varied portfolio.
- Project management experience / process / training (ideally Association of Project Managers training).Experience of jack-ups an advantage.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide drive and energy for the completion of all allocated engineering projects.
- Ownership of project from project handover until completion, recording and resolving actions via the action tracker.
- To act as the project focal point and to identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff.
- Act as the “go to person” for complex and valuable projects, providing expertise and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, specifically by liaising with the Client, nominated 3rd Party bodies and all internal departments, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
- Support Sales in the preparation of bids and quotations ensuring technical, operational and commercial aspects are addressed.
- Act as a line manager and or mentor to graduates and / or project engineers within the team, developing their skills and competence to higher levels.
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with Aquaterra Energy policies and procedures and in line with ISO 18001/9001/14001 guidelines/requirements taking personal responsibility for all Quality, Health and Safety aspects of those projects for which you have responsibility.
- At delivery/execution/commissioning of the project ensure that all “gates” to
- have been followed, project controls met and deliverables fit for purpose.
- Lead “Project Kick Off” meetings with the design team and instigate or actively participate in Design reviews.
- Own and present to Directors reviews on Project Progress.
- Instigate HAZID and HAZOP meetings (as necessary).
For more information about this role, or to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com Closing date for applications is 24th December 2018.