We are currently recruiting for two Project Engineers based at our head office in Norwich, salary £33k - £36k depending on experience.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide drive and energy for the completion of all allocated projects
- Ownership of project from project handover until completion, recording and resolving actions via the action tracker.
- To act as the project focal point and liaise with the Client, nominated 3rd Party bodies and all internal departments, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
- To identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make an assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff
- Define, manage and drive the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements
- Ensure AE financial management systems are current and reflect actual progress and forecast costs at an individual project level, highlighting significant forecast variations at the earliest opportunity.
- To understand the scope of the project(s) linking all parts of AE to understand progress and to ensure
the project is on track to meet all correct “gates” (S.I.T & F.A.T., mobilisation and product release)
- Prepare project user requirements, documentation and manuals by engaging with customers, and taking sales (purchase orders) to a finale against an agreed specification.
- Ownership of ordering material/services in good time to meet project requirements and to raise material enquiries and purchase requisitions
- At delivery/execution/commissioning of the project all “gates” to have been followed, project controls met and deliverables fit for purpose.
- The Project Engineer will lead “Project Kick Off” meetings with the design team and instigate or actively participate in Design reviews.
- Own and present to Directors reviews on Project Progress
- Instigate HAZID and HAZOP meetings (as necessary)
- Monitoring of project cash flow to ensure that invoices accurately reflect the projects expenditure and current forecasting.
- Management of a variety of construction/engineering contracts with the ability to recognise, reduce and control commercial and technical risks in the project.
- Regular review of supplier relationships to ensure that accounts and timeframes are correct and true to project projections, expediting/mitigating any delays.
- Ensuring honest and open reporting of all technical, operational, contractual, claims, and financial related matters to the correct management in good time.
- Support Sales in the preparation of bids and quotations ensuring technical, operational and commercial aspects are addressed.
- Assist Operations in providing technical guidance where appropriate.
- Approval of Purchase Orders and Invoices in line with the project requirements/budgets.
- Checking and approval of detailed technical documents, reports, and drawings linked to own project.
- Supervision of site work, including offshore, as required.
- Assist in Client visits/technical presentations as required
- Ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with Aquaterra Energy policies and procedures and in line with ISO 9001/14001 guidelines/requirements.
- Unfettered right to work in the UK.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 21st January 2019.