At Aquaterra Energy we provide a complete range of offshore engineering services to support operators, service companies and rigs. Our products and services include offshore structures, riser systems, riser analysis and our well start and Aquaterra Express service solutions
We are currently recruiting for an Graduate Riser Analyst to join our growing team based at our head office in Norwich, Norfolk, England
The position will involve detailed analysis of offshore structures, data collection, building suitable finite elements (FE) models, preparation of reports, and liaison with clients and other departments within Aquaterra.
Riser analysis projects at Aquaterra use the specialist packages OrcaFlex, SHEAR7 and GRLWEAP to simulate a variety of cases:
- Extreme wave loading for strength and stability assessment.
- An annual range of sea‑states for fatigue assessment.
- Structural response to current flows for vortex induced vibration (VIV) assessment.
- Soil loads for pile-driving assessment.
- A first or second class honours degree in engineering (civil, mechanical, offshore, structural, naval architectural) or similar in physical sciences (physics) or mathematics.
- Understanding of finite element (FE) analysis.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for calculations and data analysis.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Unfettered right to work in the UK.
- Experience in using analysis software e.g. OrcaFlex, Ansys, MathCad, etc.
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics
- Industrial experience such as summer placements or internships, especially in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Masters/PhD in engineering, physics or mathematics.
- Experience using programming languages
Successful candidates will be offered an attractive package:
- Competitive salary of £25,000 based on skills and experience, with pay uplifts of £7,000 over 24 months plus relocation allowance.
- Support for professional development and training, including:
- Monitored professional development schemes with IMechE and ICE.
- Funded training.
- Payment of membership fees for a professional institution.
- Opportunity for secondment to other departments in the company.
- A pleasant working environment.
- Pension scheme with matching company contribution up to 5% of salary after three-month probation.
- Health insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Life Cover.
- Free tea/coffee and fruit
- Reduced gym membership scheme.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
The closing date for this role is 31st October 2019