Aquaterra Energy provides world class and award winning offshore solutions, including a range of carefully engineered products, supported by specialist design and technical services.
We have a reputation for delivering innovative, robust and reliable engineering solutions to challenging drilling rig or platform related requirements. Our specialist in-house teams cover the complete project scope:
Design: conceptual, FEED, analysis, 3D modelling
Procurement: specification, manufacturing, inspection, construction, FAT/SIT
Installation: procedures, supervision, commissioning, testing, handover
We have extensive experience in the North Sea, Asia-Pacific, West Africa, Europe and USA and our international success was recognised in April 2009 with a Queen’s Award for International Trade, confirming our position as a leading and dependable supplier to the international oil and gas industry.
Working in highly volatile marine environments, our customers demand the highest standards in safety, quality, delivery and responsive customer service.
Our operations are structured to deliver this through three focussed business streams: Riser Systems; Offshore Structures; Service and Rental - equipment rental and supply.
Innovation And Highlights
Our highly skilled design, engineering and project teams are continually exploring new innovations and conducting complex analysis of challenging marine environments, to make rig operations quicker, safer and more cost effective for our customers.
- 2015 –Initiation Engineering is a new approach to well starts. AE is offering a complete service solution by bringing all the required services and products together at the very beginning of a well start. This will allow operators to execute drilling programmes more efficiently and reduce costs.
- 2015 –Aquaterra Quick Connect (AQC) package enables fast, safe and efficient connection between a rigs BOP and the HPR tension joint.
- 2015 –Dual Barrier High Pressure High Temperature Riser System – joint venture with Plexus to offer HPR from jack up rigs using AE riser and Plexus POS-GRIP technology.
- 2014 –Riser Monitoring System launched, utilising robust in-service monitoring and analysis to provide real-time fatigue life and integrity information of riser system.
- 2012 - Our ‘Sea Swift’ platform design adapted to provide a free-standing Wellhead Support Structure (WSS). The first of its kind to be installed in the Asia-Pacific region.
- 2011 - Drilling Riser and Tensioning System experience drawn on to design a Tension Deck allowing multiple wells to be drilled using a High Pressure Drilling Riser and Riser Tensioning Unit, in water depths of 110 metres offshore East of Shetland.
- 2010 - Introduction of a ‘world first’ 10k full bore High Pressure Riser System using Merlin Connectors instead of flanged connections, saving rig time.
- 2009 - A bespoke offshore structure designed and fabricated. A ‘skidding system’ for installation on a vessel to transport transition pieces to offshore wind farms.
Our dedicated team of in-house Riser Engineers handles the complete scope of supply for High Pressure Drilling Riser Systems from analysis through to installation.
We also specialise in the design and supply of Offshore Structures, including Minimum Facility ‘Sea Swift’ Platforms, Subsea Drilling Templates, Subsea Protective Structures and Riser Tensioning Systems, as well as other specialist surface and subsea structures.
Our extensive inventory of rental tooling and equipment is valued by our customers in enhancing offshore drilling, completion and testing operations and our independence enables ultimate flexibility and robust response to customers’ operational requirements.